We are closely monitoring the latest news, guidance, and regulations surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. As healthcare providers, we believe medical dermatology is part of the essential services still available to our communities. We also understand the critical importance of slowing the spread of COVID-19. We fully support the shelter-in-place ordinance and social distancing.
Telehealth Appointments Available
We believe in-person treatment is the highest quality care; however, we are offering telehealth appointments in this current environment. Providers and patients alike are concerned about the spread of COVID-19, so we are happy to provide this option to protect everyone’s health.
Prior to your Telehealth visit, a staff member will call to assist you with your visit. Using live video, your provider will be able to see in real time the concerns you have with your skin. Your provider will address your issues and assess whether or not it’s essential for you to visit the clinic in-person. If it is not essential, your provider can send any medication you might need to your pharmacy electronically. To make an appointment, Request an Appointment online or call a GSD clinic.
Telehealth services coverage varies by insurer, but most provide some level of coverage. Many insurers have expanded coverage during the COVID-19 Pandemic. When you book your appointment, any relevant copay will be collected. If you have questions about your coverage, please feel free to ask when scheduling your appointment or check with your insurance carrier.
We are available for in-person medical care at our clinics. Clinic hours may deviate from our normal hours. Please reach out for an appointment or with your questions and concerns. While someone may not always be immediately available, please leave a message, as we are checking all messages and will respond to you in a timely fashion. We are available by phone and through the Request an Appointment link on our website.
Helping our patients stay healthy and safe is our top priority. We have implemented the following practices across all Golden State Dermatology locations:
- We make every effort to meet or exceed all CDC standards for cleaning and minimizing exposure risk.
- We ask that only the patient being treated enter the clinic to limit unnecessary interaction.
Patients are being escorted directly to exam rooms whenever possible to minimize time together in a waiting room.
- Waiting room seating has been reduced and the seating rearranged for social distancing.
- We ask any patient experiencing symptoms, or who has traveled out of the country within the last three weeks, to reschedule.
- We instruct any Golden State Dermatology team member experiencing any symptoms of illness to stay home.
- Our physicians are available to discuss a patient’s current dermatologic condition and provide advice on whether the need to come to the clinic is urgent, or if it would be better to wait and practice social distancing.
Our vigilance now is more important than ever. We look forward to working together to ensure that those who need care receive it in the safest environment possible.
We hope that each of you will stay safe & healthy.
-The Providers and Staff of Golden State Dermatology